https://WWW.leebell.net 
 Main menu

May 08, 2022

I thought I  might add something here that could be useful to new parents that are having a hard time finding babyfood. There seems to be shortage of that right now too.

I and my siblings drank this stuff sometimes when we were little. We all turned out OK.

************************************************
Old Style home made Baby Formula With Karo Syrup

18 oz. of boiled water
1 can(13oz.) evaporated milk
2 tbsp. light Karo or other brand syrup (dark not recommended)
stir until blended totally and store in sterilized jar in refrigerator.
discard after 36 hours.

Caution:

For children younger than age 1, Karo syrup may cause a rare but
 serious form of food poisoning known as infant botulism.

This formula should not be used if your child is lactose intolerant
or if they has any issues with milk-based commercial formulas.

*************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

April 27, 2022

I did a bit trading with someone and I ended up with another trike to work with.  This one isn't the standard old upright or recumbent.  It's kind of a mix and is one of those designed to help people with disabilities.  I think I'm going to convert it over to an elctric scooter.. It's pretty lightweight looking so  I should be able to do it with one 500w 24v motor system. That should give me about 15 mph which is plenty of speed in my opinion for something like this.

 It's going to take some work as there are no brakes mounted on it. I think it originally had some form of scrub brakes against the tires... Odd setup there...  I will probably end up mounting disk brakes on the rear axles although I might have to extend them a little bit to get the space.  Not a big deal I don't believe.

 I plan to shorten the frame a  little bit.  That flat floor section is going to go away and there will be side panels put there to support my feet on.  I will probably extend those behind the rear frame just a little as to fit a couple of 12v batteries for the 24v supply.

--------------------------------------------------------------------


April 10, 2022

How do you have an intelligent conversation with someone who is a pathalogical liar and doesn't even know it?   I just gave up on a conversation with a woman bitcoin trader on WhatsApp.  I honestly believe she can't carry on any type of conversation without adding a bald faced lie to it about every 3-4 sentences.  They are total lies too. Easy to prove as a lie too if needed.  She is totally sincere in believing them too.  All I can think of is she is from the same genetic group of people that think the earth is flat.   Yea, I can prove that idea is bullshit easily enough too.

This COPD stuff is really getting tiresome and that wasn't a pun.  I ended back up in the emergency room again this morning with it. For a change though they just proscribed me more medicine and sent me back home.  I arrived there expecting another week long visit.  I'm so glad that didn't happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

April 03, 2022

I'm sure everyone has heard of the silly Will Smith slap incident.  I personally think it was done solely for publicity and I'll say why.

Will Smith is not an idiot. We need to get that fact established up front. There is no way in hell he didn't realize what all was going to take place when he walked up on the stage and slapped Chris Rock. I'm not sure what type of publicity he thought he would get out of it though.  Maybe he thought it would be the 'hero' protecting the honor of his wife.  The only problem with that though is his wife has taken away any honor he had in that area a while back.  That's his business though.   I have no idea what other reason he might have justified to himself though if it was just truly anger. 

  Another thing is if that had of been me (we all do things differently) and I let myself get angry enough at those silly jokes from Rock that I would actually get up and walk on the stage of some other entertainer as so to express myself in a physical manner, I certainly wouldn't just walk up and bitch-slap the guy.  I would have hit him hard enough to knock him down and then kicked him a few times just to make sure he understood just how angry I was!  Simple assault is simple assault. 

  I just can't see Will Smith doing that and that is the reason I believe it to be totally fake.  I think that is the reason Rock refused to press charges against him too.  This gotten tv time and publicity for both of them. A whole bunch of both actually but why?
I'm sure they had a logical reason (to them at least) why they did it. 

-----------------------------

March 31, 2022

Sometimes this disability pair I have really gets me down. Having a really messed up leg where I can't walk 3/4 of the time is bad enough without have COPD on top of it. I can't even walk from one side of the house to the other anymore even when I having a good leg day.

Today was one of those.  I haven't even been able to fix myself a meal because  I can't get to the damn kitchen. Hopefully the leg will ease off sooner or later as I happen to be really hungry.   I guess I'm going to have to start using my wheelchair. Yes, I  have one but I've refused to use it up until now. That's going to have to change I guess if I want to be able to eat.

--------------------

March 23, 2022

There was a moment when Moses had the nerve to ask God what his name is. God was gracious enough to answer, and the name he gave is recorded in the original Hebrew as YHWH.


Over time we've arbitrarily added an "a" and an "e" in there to get YaHWeH, presumably because we have a preference for vowels. But scholars and rabis have noted that the letters YHWH represent breathing sounds, or aspirated consonants. When pronounced without intervening vowels, it actually sounds like breathing. YH (inhale): WH (exhale).

So a baby's first cry, his first breath, speaks the name of God. A deep sigh calls His name or a groan or gasp that is too heavy for mere words. Even an atheist would speak His name unaware that their very breathe is giving constant acknowledgment to God. Likewise, a person leaves this earth with their last breath, when God's name is no longer filing their lungs. 'So when I can't utter anything else, is my cry calling out His name?


Being alive means I speak His name constantly. Is it heard the loudest when I'm the quietest?


In sadness, we breathe heavy sighs. In joy, our lungs feel almost like they will burst. In fear we hold our breath and have to be told to breathe slowly to help us calm down. When we're about to do something hard, we take a deep breath to find our courage.
When I think about it, breathing is giving him praise. Even in the hardest moments!
This is so beautiful and fills me with emotion every time I grasp the thought. God chose to give himself a name that we cant help but speak every moment we're alive. All of us, always, everywhere. Waking, sleeping, breathing, with the name of God on our lips.

Copied from a friend

--------------------------

March 19, 2022

I used to keep a blog on here but that was also when I was a  lot more busy out the shop...   Since  I'm not so busy anymore I'm just going to talk about what I do and see going on in the world these days. 

I'm going to warn people now that  I'm not a "Woke" person.   I think about 90% of that stuff is silly. There are already laws that protect people for almost all of it to begin with.


I do have a current project going on... Actually I have a number of various projects going on at the moment.  I will post about a couple of them here .     

These are pictures of a 70 year old Palmer Industries Mobility Scooter that I intend to basically copy the frame but use my own parts for everything else.  I'm using a different type of handlebars and a different style of motor drive on this one.

It will be made from the head tube of a 20" donor bike and 1 1/2" tubing I will will buy and have bent by the local auto exhaust supply shop. I've bought quite a bit of tubing from  that guy over the years and  he does any big bends for me..His  bends come out nice and clean while mine tend to get wrinkles due to using a different type bending setup.

This old system had a true differential mounted on the axle.  I don't have one of those and don't really want to spend the money ($125 or so.) to get one.  I plan to use a wheelchair motor/gearbox on each rear wheel. It will give me a bit more room under the seat and in the middle of the frame.  The two drives will also act as a differential at the same time. I've run dual  motors before and it works just fine.

           

Click on either picture for a larger version

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

www.leebell.net cataract surgery

gofundme running at the moment it's really needed too!